Great news coming in!! If everything goes as per the plans, our Kakinada Is going to have it’s own Air Strip soon. It’s purpose is to Serve as a runway for Industries operating in and around our Kakinada.
This anticipated Airstrip facility can be used by the Industries and commercial hubs in and around Kakinada.
Potential & Industrial Face of Kakinada:
This facility for airstrip was much needed while stating the fact that Kakinada has its own potential of having the air connectivity which is pretty much helpful for local as well as foreign industries operating in the city.
Currently, our Andhra Pradesh is having 3 international airports at Visakhapatnam, Tirupathi and Vijayawada and 3 National airports. Sure this airstrip facility will be a boon for Oil Companies, traders and exporters who have been currently facing a lot of difficulty for their operations.
Kakinada is an emerging major industrial hub in the district as well as Andra Pradesh, with the presence of large industries such as
- Kakinada Seaports Limited (KSPL), Kakinada Fishing Harbour, NFCL, Coromandel Fertilizers, ALLIED PORT SERVICES (VEDANTA)., etc
- Petroleum Industries such as IMC terminals, HPCL, Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum, Reliance Industries Limited KG-D6 HQ., Universal Bio Fuels LTD., ONGC etc
- Edible Oil Industries like Freedom, Ruchi Gold, Adani Wilmar, Lohiya Edibles, Acalmar, Nikhil Refineries etc,
- Power generation projects like GMR Power, Spectrum Power.,etc
- Others such as Apex Industries, Parry’s Food Processing plant and many more.
- Reputed foreign industries such as Silkroad Sugars, Halliburton, Baker Huges, Sembmarine Kakinada Limited, Drillmec Ltd, Cairn Energy Limited etc.
- In addition to this, GMR-KSIR (Formerly called Kakinada-SEZ), PCPIR – Kakinada Cluster, Coastal Corridor etc are shaping into the reality. Making our Kakinada a Gateway for investments in both public and private sector from major industrial units from round the globe.
Currently, the nearest Airstrip to Kakinada is Dhiribhai Ambani Heliport (DAH) situated at Reliance Industries Limited KG D6 facility, Gadimoga. But it is exclusively meant for only RIL Operations.
The Kakinada Airstrip
The Construction of Kakinada Domestic Aerodrome (Airstrip) at Gurajanapalli will connect upcoming Industries in KSEZ, PCPIR and also the existing industries in our Kakinada.
- Kakinada Airstrip at Gurajanapalli is adjacent to the Existing National Highway and new Bypass road Kathipudi – Kakinada – Ongole which is under construction.
- It is Spread across in 200 hectares of land
- Land for the airstrip is allocated and planning to make it operational by 2019 along with the new 6 Lane Bypass Highway.
- It will have a 1500+ meters Runway
- It will be containing all the essential facilities which are necessary for the smooth function of goods movement.
Kakinada has a huge growth potential in the fields of Oil & Natural Gas, marine products, textiles and garments, engineering components, food processing etc. This development of airstrip and industrial Infrastructure will be a big push for the commercial growth of the city.